In this post we want to show you all the surfaces on which you can experiment with the foil, these are the ones that we have tried and with some tricks in details of how to do it. We already showed you the industrial machine to do large-scale foil work, now let's continue with the foil applied to other surfaces with your customization machines.
The foil as we have mentioned is a material that reacts to heat, but... Is it the same type of foil that I apply on a card as the one that I apply on the clothes or on the cup? It depends on how this foil is, there are some that highlight on the label that they are to be used with special pastes or glues, others have an adhesive side, others react with certain degrees of temperature and others react with any type of heat.
Ready, I have my foil that reacts with any type of heat, how do I transfer it to the clothes? Excellent question, here again we tell you that there are several options:
- In the case of screen printing, a "plastisol" ink must be applied, which works like a "glue", let dry, then place the foil on the desired area and finally, iron with a sublimation plate.
- In the case of crafts, we use textile glue, this is applied to the fabric with a brush creating the design we want to achieve, we let it dry and then we place the foil with an iron.
- In the case of sublimation, the best known is:
Siser Easyweed Adhesive, this is a type of transparent vinyl that is cut according to the design, and applied to clothing by ironing, when doing this the material becomes adhesive allowing the foil to adhere.
1. We cut and remove the excess material.
2. Iron the vinyl at 150°C for 5 seconds. Then we remove the protective vinyl liner, place the foil and iron at 150°C for 10 seconds.
3. Remove excess foil and enjoy the result.
- In the case of mugs, we have the MultiTrans, as we mentioned before, it is a paper where the design is printed with a laser printer on one of its sides in mirror mode, then it is placed on the mug and ironed, then we remove the excess and we get the result.
These are some of the alternative supports for the foil, remember that you can still help yourself with the foil quill which allows you to work on different surfaces as we have been showing the results in our networks. We hope that this post has been helpful and that you stay informed.