We continue talking about foil , and how it allows you to give your projects a professional and elegant finish. Today we will talk about the Heidi Swapp brand Minc Foil , this is a type of foil that works by reacting with heat , we are going to explain this part, this paper works when it is applied on a surface that has laser printer ink, glue pen , special ink, among others, which when reacting with heat proceeds to give the finish on the surface.
This paper has advantages compared to the methods mentioned in the previous post, it is more durable, simple and the finish is cleaner. The disadvantage? it can only be applied on "flat" materials that fit inside the minc foil slot, which limits us quite a bit in projects, and although it reacts with heat, it cannot be applied on any surface with laser printing.
Now, how do I use it? This is super simple, you make a print with a laser printer of your design, the parts where you want to place the foil , must be printed in black, turn on the Minc foil , prepare the foil sheet by placing it on the design and then place the design inside the protector and insert it into the machine, remove the excess and enjoy your design. Here are the more detailed steps:
1. Print your design with a laser printer:
2. Prepare the design, along with the foil to enter it in the machine:
3. Insert it into the Minc Foil:
4. Remove from the Minc Foil and remove the excess:
5. Enjoy the result:
- This product is not recommended to be used in a normal laminator because it can affect the results, but you can always try it and tell us how it is.
- As we mentioned before, there are different options, instead of the laser printer there is a liquid that works the same, you place it in the area you want your design and then pass it through the Minc , giving the same finish.
- We also have the glue pen , with which you draw using your cutting plotter, then place the foil and pass it through the Minc .
Stay active in our weekly posts, because we will be showing the application of foil on different surfaces and we want you to be among the first to see it and start working on your own design and ideas.