- In the previous post we already talked about this new area of your business, how you can use it to your advantage and how you can develop it, in this post we will talk about the types of vinyl, the finishes and which ones you should choose for your projects.
So now we will talk about the types of textile vinyl that exist;
- Printable textile vinyl, as we have already mentioned, this vinyl has the versatility that allows you to make prints on it, that is, you print your normal design (it should not be mirror mode), you cut it on the upper side, remove the excess and then you collect it with a thermal transfer tape and place it on the fabric (it is not the thermal tape, it is a transparent tape that allows you to collect the designs). This material is worked with 160°C for 20 seconds , but it can vary depending on the brand.
- Cut textile vinyl, this works like the adhesive, you cut the vinyl in mirror mode on the side that does not have the protective plastic, clean the excess and place it with the upper plastic facing up on the fabric, the disadvantage of this compared to the above is that it only comes in colors. This material is worked with 160°C for 30 seconds , but it can vary depending on the brand.
Starting from these two main types we will show you the variables;
- The printable textile vinyl is classified according to the type of technique used to print it, that is, we have the inkjet types, which are printed with a normal printer, we also have the eco -solvent ones, these are the ones printed with plotter inks and sublimation printables , these allow you to pass the printed image with sublimation ink on the material and then on the fabric.
- The cut textile vinyl , in this case we have how they are classified according to their finish, we have the holographic ones, the matte flat colors, the shiny ones, the velvet ones, the reflective ones have a shiny finish according to the light conditions, glitter are the ones that have brightness , etc. They are also classified by their texture in the flexible ones, etc.
What are the main brands? How are they applied?
As we mentioned before, there are different brands for these materials, but here we will mention the main ones:
- Siser , this is worked with a temperature of 160 ° C for 10 seconds
- Chemica , this is worked with a temperature of 160 ° C for 30 seconds
- Vvivid , this is worked with a temperature of 165 ° C for 15 seconds
- TeckWrap , this is worked with a temperature of 150°C-160°C for 8-10 seconds
There are more brands, but these are the main ones that we have used, and we can give you direct feedback, if you know more brands and want to leave your opinion of these, do not hesitate to write your results in the comments.
We hope the topic has been helpful as you prepare to expand your business.