This week we share with you a process to create personalized labels and pieces with an elegant and professional finish.
This process called " Resin Drop ", consists of placing a transparent layer of resin on the surface, normally this is applied on adhesive labels , but we can place it on a wide variety of materials such as pens, key rings, etc. This allows us to personalize items by creating a 3D effect . Another name by which we know this process is 3D Doming.
How does it apply:
- We print the resin label and cut out the outline.
- A resin gun is used, in the case of manual application. Or an automatic machine.
- We proceed to place our labels on a flat surface, since if the table is unbalanced, the resin can move.
- We apply the resin from the center with light applications and we place the resin until the entire area is covered.
- The resin begins to cure after 10-15 minutes.
What is the resin used?
Polyurethane resin is recommended for this process, due to its finish and flexibility.
What is the advantage of applying this process?
- It offers protection to the image from external factors.
- Resists the sun's rays.
- Avoid scratching the image
- Increases the strength and durability of the product.
Image source: Campoamor Graphics