As we were announcing at the beginning of the week, we wanted to dedicate the blog posts to topics made with putting into practice the knowledge and techniques that we have shown you with the different teams.
A perfect personalized planner to give as a gift
What equipment do we need to carry out this project:
- Laser printer
- Silhouette Curio
- Perfect Binder(Oversized or Cinch)
What materials do we use?
- Gray cardboard/stone
- Glossy Cardboard(with brown face)
- Cardstock with metallic face
- minc foil
- Opaline/ Glossy cardboard
Any special tool?
- Cutting MatR
- cutting blade
After preparing the list of the utensils used, we will talk about how the production process was, the first thing is to get all your dimensions. Although there are standard measures for diaries, you must choose the size that best suits the work to be done, and from there starts the selection of the ring, the design and the inner dimensions of the sheets, after these then we begin to work.
1. Create the design for your agent, consider in which spaces you want to apply the Foil, because in case of using the one that works with the laser printer and the laminator, it requires that the area be 100% K (completely black). Likewise, you must organize the design, taking advantage of space and taking into consideration all the parts to be cut.
You should also consider the binding margin, which will make your design fit into a specific space.
2. Make the printing of the design , remember to consider your machine or the equipment you are using and its configuration, we would not want any measure to be altered.
3. Prepare the areas for the foil , cut pieces of the foil to apply it in the laminator according to the areas you have decided, then proceed to enter the laminator so that the heat does the effect.
*Optional: in this step you can apply the different finishes that we mentioned in the last post, the most common for BOPP notebooks, apart from giving more shine, it offers a layer of protection.
4. Mark the edges, folds and cut areas, in this step we recommend that you confirm all your measurements, and how the pieces are going to be joined. Likewise, mark the cardboard according to the size of the protective face (it must be less than the design of the cover).
5. Cut the excesses, this part we have to cut all the excesses in the printed materials, we must also cut the cardboard of the agenda covers.
6. Put everything together, now we have to glue, we place the open face and in the already marked area we place the protective cardboard, in this part we must also fold the sheets of the protective face.
7. Prepare everything for binding. Important if you don't place the faces properly, an error may happen, and we will have to repeat the process.
8. Binding, here we proceed to make the holes and then enter the spiral, or the wires, there are several ways to do it.
9. This is an extra step, if you want to create an external decoration for it to be a good gift, then you proceed to make a design on your plotter. We decided to make a bow, for this bow we cut 3 strips of 1.5cm x 20 cm (which was in accordance with the size of our diary), and we cut a cardboard bow that we glued a bow cut from the metallic cardboard on top.
We hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, where we explain step by step how to make your agenda. Do not hesitate to ask us any questions on the subject and we will be helping you in this part, we still invite you to continue investigating.
Remember: " Take action , there are things that are only learned along the way".